- Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services. Includes wholesale or retail trade merchandising managers and procurement managers.
- Develops and improves policies and procedures pertaining to purchase request
- Responsible for the procurement of all equipment, supplies, and services for the company
- Sources vendors, negotiates prices, discounts, payment terms and ensures prompt delivery
- Assists in the development and implementation of a corporate purchasing policy to effect the best value for money arrangements available
- Participates in the development, implementation and to procure the best possible materials/supplies and services at the best possible price
- Evaluates the documents submitted by the vendors for accreditation purposes (supplying best quality and offering the best price)
- Obtains bids/ quotations (at least 3) and negotiates with vendors to get better prices, deals, terms, discounts and confers with vendors to ensure prompt delivery
- Ensures that all Purchase Orders and vendor contracts are duly in accordance with the approval matrix before execution
- Processes all importation requirements of the company including documentation, release and receiving of shipments
- Reviews Purchase Requisitions and order for accuracy and ensures compliance with the published lead time and Company’s policies and procedures
- Provides timely feedback to internal customers in terms of status of the requests
- Develops master files, templates, form, reports and check lists to improve efficiency
- Develops, coordinates and implements systems, procedures and controls to ensure effective and centralized purchasing
- Handles all necessary post-purchase activities
- Demonstrates personal responsibility and loyalty to the Company by adhering to corporate principles of business conduct especially in relation to conflict of interest
- College graduate with a degree in Business or other related course
- With at least 2 years relative experience in a related capacity’
- Knowledge or principles, methods and procedures of Procurement Systems and controls.
- Must have numerical competence together with a good working knowledge of procurement process and system
- Trustworthy and with strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.